We all love a comfortable mattress but as comforters and bed linen, bed decor and color schemes, come and go in and out of our lives, we mostly forget our mattress, even though it is the most important factor if you want to wake up feeling energized after eight hours sleep. Here are tips on how to choose the Best Mattress and the 10 Biggest Mistakes people make when choosing their mattress.
Unless you have been mattress shopping lately, you may not know that things have really changed in the land of nod.
Not just something to lie on, a mattress can now be infused with copper, aluminum and other eco-friendly products.. why? Well, for your health.
Also, Read Best twin mattress set under 100
How to choose a mattress?
choose a mattress is not unusual to find copper fused into a mattress; if you have inflammation caused by arthritis, then copper is known to relieve pain and increases energy levels. That’s a wonderful relief if you suffer from arthritis. Don’t forget to vacuum and spray your mattress from time to time! No matter how old your mattress, dust mites accumulate quickly and overtime is a hazard to your sleeping and breathing.
If you are a hot sleeper, then maybe what you need is aluminum infused into your mattress. It deflects the heat, making your mattress cooler to sleep on during those hot summer nights. It means less rolling around on the mattress trying to find a cool spot!
Not only clever on the inside, but the choices of bamboo fiber, wool, and more are also a chemical-free alternative that make your mattress clever on the outside too.
If you have breathing problems or allergies or if you are eco-friendly and environmentally conscious, you will love these new choices. Makes sense; if you sleep eight hours a night on a surface, why sleep on a fabric you are allergic to?
Again, if you are a hot sleep, heat-reducing fabrics such as Tencel are hugely popular.
Choose the Best Mattress Adjustable beds mattress
Adjustable beds are becoming more popular and cheaper. Why would you ever want to get out of bed, if your bed has LED lighting, a massage function, made with smart fabrics, and is adjustable to your body?
Adjustable beds are sleeker, more family-oriented, and even have connectivity to smartphones. They come with ergonomic remote controls and look luxurious.
And if you ever manage to turn off the television, phone or internet, you know the eight hours of sleep you get is going to be healthier, more relaxing and restorative.
Best of all, many good quality mattress companies offer free trials, great warranties, replacement, and reasonably priced mattresses from quite a few companies to see if this kind of bed suits you or your lifestyle.
Since 2016 the most popular mattress types are innerspring and memory foam. What most people want is a mattress that will give them a good night’s sleep. Some of the best foam quality mattresses have up to 5 layers to offer support and comfort.
The thickest layer is at the bottom; it gives the mattress durability. This is followed by another layer to contour to your body. This is the layer that bounces back when you get up.
Layer of Best mattress
choose a mattress The first three layers of the mattress are for coolness and comfort. Some mattresses have a removable and long-staple cotton cover on the outside. It absorbs moisture generated while you sleep.
Those with a quilted gel memory foam layer improves airflow through the mattress, helping to cool you.
If you want to avoid mattress problems, save yourself money and have the best night’s sleep consider avoiding;
Bargain Promotional Mattresses
Bargain Promotional Mattresses – Limited sale or time offers to sound great until you try to find reviews or compare them to other offers. If nothing else; check for warranties and returns.
Very Cheap Beds – they can work as a guest or temporary beds but they have a short lifespan. Made from lower-quality materials, they tend to break down faster and lose comfort even sooner and come with short warranty periods. But this is what you can do with your old mattresses; use them as sofas, day beds or even theater seating. You can even get fancy and create bed skirts for your back row seating!
Super Thin Mattresses
Super Thin Mattresses – these mattresses are not the best if you share a bed or are a little heavier. They lack comfort layers to cushion you from the coils or support foam.
Hot or Constrictive Memory Foam – Memory foam can vary considerably. On the whole, they are very popular. The problem for some, is they can get hot or are difficult to move around, compared to spring and non-foam mattress types. choose a mattress If this is the case consider gel-infused memory foam which tends to be cooler by up to 25% cooler or plant-based mattresses which are cool to sleep on.
Low-Density Foam Mattress – Low-density foams don’t function well when it comes to pain relief and durability. Since they have a “less dense” structure, they are prone to compression and feel less buoyant than higher density mattresses. These budget-friendly foams are cheaper and good as a guest or temporary mattresses (lasting about 4 years). You can always covert them into sofas.
- Innerspring Beds with Poor Motion Isolation –In innerspring mattresses, a problem for couples is the lack of motion isolation; meaning your movements move the mattress enough to disturb the other person’s sleep. These mattresses often have Bonnell and continuous coils, so look for pocketed coils.
- Mattresses with Little or No-Warranty – A mattress typically is only useful for a fraction of its warranty length so its important to see when the warranty kicks in – items such as sagging are often not covered by warranties but is a frequent complaint. Any mattress that sags over 1″ is uncomfortable to sleep on.
- Too Soft or Firm Mattresses – This is where mattress shopping becomes tricky. Most foam mattresses soften a little with time, meaning showroom models may not reflect the mattress you will receive. Back sleepers prefer a medium-firm to medium mattress, side sleepers like a medium to plush mattress, and stomach sleepers medium-firm to firm mattress. Softer mattresses allow side and stomach sleepers to sink into the bed and offer better spine alignment. Sleep studies have shown that people with back pain feel best on medium to medium-firm beds. Read reviews and comments on mattresses to help decide which is the right one for you.
- Highly-Priced Mattresses – There’s nothing worse than feeling like you have overpaid for something. From sales tactic to exaggerated prices, it is best to read reviews in a trusted forum. Be sure to get information on all layers and wary if retailers and manufacturers won’t tell you what is in the mattress.
- Mattresses with No Return/Exchange Policy – You don’t want to be stuck with a bed you don’t like and can’t return. Especially when buying online, make sure you can return or at least exchange the bed if you don’t like it with reasonable fees. Some retailers will require you to try the bed for a certain number of days prior to returning, so be mindful, if it’s less than 30 days it may not be long enough.
choose a mattress Take your time when it comes to selecting your bed, read reviews and comments, look at warranties and layers to avoid surprises but don’t leave it too long. It could take you 3-6 months to find the right mattress and the longer you leave it, the older and more uncomfortable your mattress becomes.